HOW TO READ MORE BOOKS?


1. SET REALISTIC GOAL 
Your goal towards reading books should be realistic, you can't make goal of 1 book per day if you are beginner or you are busy person, and if you make that type of goal as far as you take reading as Burden.


2. FIND OUT FAVORITE GENRE 
It is important to find a genre you are interested s that you can read always without get bored. Usually your favorite movie genre will be your favorite book genre.


3. READ THROUGH DIFFERENT MEDIUMS 
As much as I love reading my paperbacks, it’s not exactly the best way to read when I’m travelling. Or when I’m going to meet my friends and they are super late as usual, and I need some way to pass the time. Which is why my various books come in various mediums. I have the paperback or hardback which I reserve for at home reading. Then I’ll have a book on my Kindle for any commutes or general travelling. Maybe an audio book for when I’m out for a walk and need something to listen to.




4. SET ASIDE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES A DAY 
For developing any habit, you have to practice daily so in your schedule give at least 30 minutes to book. You can increase time as your interest of reading a book.



5.BE INTENTIONAL WITH READING 
If you are thinking that reading is just your hobby, you probably can't read more books if you have this type of intention. The practice of planning one's reading carefully by choosing the number of, type of, or particular books one most wants to read within a given period of time. Your intention towards reading books should related to your goals so that you can read with a best purpose so that you can understand and focused more on book rather than skim through books. Never skim through books if you are beginner because you would not understand core concepts of the book and you might not have fun of real book reading. So, if you are a beginner start slowly develop reading habit, if your intention was not fulfilled, read that book again than switch to next book.


6.READ FOR YOUR MOOD 
I think there are times when we tend to have a fixed idea about the books we’re going to read. Which is great – sometimes! Other times, it’s just good to go with the flow. If I start a book that I really want to read, and I feel myself running out of steam, I usually start a new one. It proves a good distraction for a short while until I’m ready to go back to the original book again. Just because we’re not in the mood for a book, doesn’t mean abandon ship ‘til who knows when. It can mean taking a short break. Or adding another list to your growing pile of ‘currently readings.’





7.HAVE A BOOK WITH YOU ALWAYS 
You will always have an opportunity to read. You'll read on your morning commute (. There is time when waiting at the doctor's office, or wasting a couple of minutes before a meeting or conference call, or while travelling. The only way you can take advantage of short minutes is if you have a book on hand. That's why I always carry a book with me. You can also listen audio books while cycling or exercise. And, thanks to gadgets like Kindle, this is even more convenient.



8.ENGAGE WITH PEOPLE WHO READ 
If your friend is doing something interesting you will have intention to do that the same thing also apply in books if your friend is reading some interesting book or telling you story or what is unique about that book it will make you to read that book. So, engage with more and more people who read.


9. MAKE THE LIST OF BOOKS TO READ 
Making the list of books to read is an effective way, you can prioritize books making the reading process more fluent. If you like the particular genre make list all books you wanted to read from that, make a list of all different kind of books like novella, novels and short stories. once you have a list then prioritize according to your convenience.


10. IT’S OKAY TO QUIT 
Sometimes the book you picked is boring or may not of your interest or book is very long to finish, at that time it is okay to quit that book otherwise you will be bored from reading books. ​​

Comments

Post a Comment